We want you to know that you can locate teacher web page information, e-mail addresses, and phone extensions by going to the Staff Listing and Teacher Websites page under Contact Us.
Remember that students are supposed to write the objective (information they are learning) and note assigned homework, quiz, and/or scheduled tests in their Student Planner. This is a great tool for parents to dialogue with their children about their day at school.
Please ensure your student has the following supplies to be equipped for the school year!
spiral notebooks, pencils, pencil pouch, ink pens (red, blue, and black), two-pocket folders, highlighters (different colors), and loose-leaf paper
Check back often to stay informed about the exciting happenings at Combs Middle School!
Thank you for your support in helping your child reach his or her academic potential. Your encouragement and involvement will make all the difference in how your student perceives his or her middle school years. Together, working as a team, we can help your child learn, succeed, and achieve!
Welcome to our school community. I am so proud to be the Principal of Combs Middle School! Throughout this school year, our students will work to learn as much as possible while striving to be caring and respectful to others.
As they focus on their learning, students are centering on three important words; record, retain, and recall.
- Record information in their notes accurately and completely so that it may be understood
- Retain information in their long-term memory by incorporating the strategies of being prepared for class, completing/producing high quality work, participating in class, asking questions, studying daily, and seeking help when needed
- Recall information from their brain to be used in various settings in order to demonstrate the ability to apply, comprehend, analyze, synthesize, and evaluate what has been learned
To reinforce the importance of their responsibilities with their learning, students are reflecting on eight areas:
- Knowledge of Content - I understand the content I am learning in this class.
- Prepared for Class - I bring the needed materials for class.
- Takes Notes - I accurately and completely take notes.
- Asks Questions - I ask questions when a lack of understanding occurs.
- Completes Homework - I complete homework on time.
- Attends Tutoring/Seeks Help - I attend tutoring or seek help when I need it.
- Attends Regularly - I attend class regularly and arrive to class on time.
- Appropriate Work Ethic/Attitude/Behavior - I display appropriate work ethic, attitude, and behavior.
As students and teachers work together, our school community continues to strive to live the words of our school pledge, “Today I will do more than I have to do; I will treat others as I want to be treated, and I will become a better person.” Here’s to the hopes, beliefs, dedication, and hard work for another successful year!