CMS is rejoining the Desert Mountain Middle School league and will compete in baseball and softball during the first quarter, boys soccer and girls volleyball during the second quarter, flag football, girls basketball and cheerleading during the third quarter, and boys basketball and girls soccer and cheerleading during the fourth quarter.
To participate, an athlete must submit a permission slip, insurance information, emergency contact information, and physical examination information. There is a $75 participation fee for each sport with an athlete cap of $225 for the school year. Forms for the upcoming school year are available after June 8.
If you have any questions about the competitive sports program, please feel free to contact Laura Ridge via e-mail or by phone at 480-882-3519. Additionally, please feel free to spread the word throughout our community that competitive sports will resume at CMS this fall.
Thank you for your support in helping your child reach his or her academic potential. Your encouragement and involvement will make all the difference in how your student perceives his or her middle school years. Together, working as a team, we can help your child learn, succeed, and achieve!
Welcome to our school community. I am so proud to be the Principal of Combs Middle School! Throughout this school year, our students will work to learn as much as possible while striving to be caring and respectful to others.
As they focus on their learning, students are centering on three important words; record, retain, and recall.
- Record information in their notes accurately and completely so that it may be understood
- Retain information in their long-term memory by incorporating the strategies of being prepared for class, completing/producing high quality work, participating in class, asking questions, studying daily, and seeking help when needed
- Recall information from their brain to be used in various settings in order to demonstrate the ability to apply, comprehend, analyze, synthesize, and evaluate what has been learned
To reinforce the importance of their responsibilities with their learning, students are reflecting on eight areas:
- Knowledge of Content - I understand the content I am learning in this class.
- Prepared for Class - I bring the needed materials for class.
- Takes Notes - I accurately and completely take notes.
- Asks Questions - I ask questions when a lack of understanding occurs.
- Completes Homework - I complete homework on time.
- Attends Tutoring/Seeks Help - I attend tutoring or seek help when I need it.
- Attends Regularly - I attend class regularly and arrive to class on time.
- Appropriate Work Ethic/Attitude/Behavior - I display appropriate work ethic, attitude, and behavior.
As students and teachers work together, our school community continues to strive to live the words of our school pledge, “Today I will do more than I have to do; I will treat others as I want to be treated, and I will become a better person.” Here’s to the hopes, beliefs, dedication, and hard work for another successful year!